So what can you spend your money on? Following is a comprehensive list of properties you could buy. Note that when buying a property you must specify where it is on the map and mark it with the relevant piece on the board. It's best to keep a record of the properties you own, in case there's a dispute over territory...
- Doughnut Stall ($200 to start, $50/rd, makes $20 x 1d10 profit per round)
- Diner ($400 to start, $100/rd, makes $50 x 1d10 profit per round)
- Restaurant ($1,000 to start, $200/rd, makes $100 x 1d10 profit per round)
- Hotel ($5,000 to start, $1,000/rd, makes $750 x 1d6 profit per round)
- Button stand ($100 to start, $10/rd, makes $10 x 1d4 profit per round)
- Seamstress/Tailor shop ($400 to start, $100/rd, makes $50 x 1d10 per round)
- Emporium ($1,000 to start, $200/rd, makes $100 x 1d10 profit per round)
- Factory ($5,000 to start, $1,000/rd, makes $750 x 1d6 profit per round)
Newspapers have a lot of power. As a journalist you're expected to randomly interview people and do a brief news report at the end of every B-round. This allows you to do a lot of spin for the mafia, and you can also be used to set up or bribe various officials by threatening to publish dodgy information about them.
- Paper round (free to start, makes $10/rd)
- Newsagent ($200 to start, $50/rd, makes $20 x 1d10 profit per round)
- Office ($500 to start, $50/rd, makes $50 x 1d10 profit per round)
- Office block ($5,000, $1,000/rd, makes $750 x 1d6 profit per round)
Subletting is illegal. 25% chance of being found out and fined $200.
- Bedsit ($100/round, sublet at $150/rd)
- Flat ($500, to rent for $200/rd)
- House ($1,000, to rent for $500/rd)
- Terrace ($5,000, to rent for $1,000/rd)
- Skyscraper ($1,000,000, to rent for $200,000 x 1d4/rd)
There are no properties for Law, simply "ranks". You earn a basic wage, which is supplemented by bribes from people who want you to work for them. To become a barrister or judge you must get another judge to recommend you for the post. Some of the mafia Families may have influence over existing corrupt judges and if you ask them nicely, they'll bribe the judges to recommend you.
- Solicitor ($200/rd basic wage)
- Barrister ($300/rd basic wage)
- Judge ($500/rd basic wage)
As a doctor (owning anything better than a quack stall) you may be called upon to heal injured people. It's best not to ask how they got into the state they are in, but to charge your visitors extra for your silence...
- Quack stall ($100 to start, $50/rd, makes $20 x 1d10 profit per round)
- Doctor's Equipment ($300, makes $100 x 1d4 profit per round)
- Practice ($500 to start, $300/rd, makes $200 x 1d4 per round)
- Hospital ($10,000 to start, $500/rd, makes $300 x 1d4 profit per round)
© ephemeralstability 2004